Open Until Filled
Job Class: IT Specialist
Salary Range: $49,247 – $88,745
- Under general supervision from the Computer System Administrator, performs work of moderate to high difficulty tasks providing technical support for personal computers, assesses and trouble shoots errors and computer lags, and updates and upgrades all information technology systems and peripherals for the entire organization and in support of all programs and services.
- Outstanding benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid time off, paid sick time, and paid holidays; tuition reimbursement; state and supplemental retirement plans and more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, performs diagnoses, repairs, backups and restores on desktops, laptops, and server-based computer systems.
- Configures and troubleshoots computer, network, and telephone hardware.
- Installs and troubleshoots a wide range of custom and off-the-shelf software such as Microsoft Office 365 applications, ESRI ArcMap products and various other applications.
- Setting up and configuring user accounts security settings in Active Directory, Microsoft 365, PAG’s telephone system and various other custom applications.
- Installs and performs basic maintenance of laser and ink jet printers.
- Completes work order requests and hardware, and software inventories.
- Assists in the maintenance of various web pages, and conversation of new content into a content management system with some limited html coding.
- Assists staff with presentations, audio/video conferencing/recording, and audio reinforcement in various conference rooms as needed.
- Performs maintenance to configure components and software and install routine updates to system software.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance to avoid system outages and failures.
- Actively monitors and determines the causes of computer-related equipment, software, and user errors and takes appropriate corrective actions.
- Monitors the communications network and identifies error and malfunction conditions.
- Assists in database management, maintenance, conversation, integration, and data entry with Microsoft SQL.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Preferred Abilities:
- Superior attention to details, accuracy, personal initiative, and considerable use of independent judgment.
- Outstanding organization and communication skills and ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Superior knowledge of network system, hardware and software applications, firewall and security systems.
- Knowledge in word processing, spreadsheet, database, etc.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- At a minimum, requires a combination of knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties AND EITHER a graduate degree with two years of related experience OR an undergraduate degree with four years of related experience OR equivalent.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand for long periods. The employee is frequently required to drive to locations and participate in outreach events.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is required to carry moderately heavy equipment and parts.
- This position is eligible for telework. Telework arrangements must comply with PAG’s telework policies, requiring a minimum of 16 hours (two days) of work per week to be completed in-office to perform required office assignments and duties.