Open Until Filled
Job Class: Tier 1
Salary Range: $50,461 – $72,185
- Under general supervision, the Management Analyst is responsible for work of moderate to advanced difficulty in the collection, analysis and presentation of data. Position is actively involved with the monitoring, analysis, and reporting of budget and vendor performance for various programs, projects and services. Primary responsibilities of this position may vary and may include any combination of tasks or duties. They will generally be assigned to specific project tasks. Work requires analytical skills, personal initiative, and the ability to derive solutions from data and contextual information.
- Outstanding benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid time off, paid sick time, and paid holidays; tuition reimbursement; state and supplemental retirement plans and more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates databases, spreadsheets, and associated graphics for assignments. Audits expenditure data and assists Program Managers and Coordinators with the projection/forecasting of project cash flow and annual budgets.
- Prepares technical reports and progress reports in areas of assignment.
- Prepares monthly Performance-Based Budget Reports for projects in conjunction with Program Managers as needed.
- Conducts informational meetings for various programs.
- Assists with support of agency committees, including developing reports and presentations for committees as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Preferred Abilities:
- Standard computer skills in Microsoft Office programs, demonstrated skills creating and formatting data using spreadsheets, and ability to communicate in Microsoft Teams.
- Knowledge of Governmental Fund Accounting and Performance Measurement techniques.
- Familiarity with major Public Sector Budgeting philosophy.
- Ability to perform quantitative analysis and proficiency using Microsoft Excel spreadsheet program and database programs.
- Ability to gather field data, perform data analysis, produce concise technical writing.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and jurisdictional members.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with jurisdictional staff, and various staff levels within the organization.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- A combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform duties and either an undergraduate degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance/Accounting or related field; AND 3 years of related experience; OR a graduate degree in related field AND 1 year of related experience; or any equivalent education, training, and experience.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee is frequently required to drive to locations and participate in outreach events.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is required to carry promotional materials to events.
- This position is eligible for telework. Telework arrangements must comply with PAG’s telework policies, requiring a minimum of two days a week (unless other considerations make this infeasible) in-office to perform required office assignments and duties.