Open Until Filled
Job Class: Management Analyst
Under general supervision is responsible for work of moderate to advanced difficulty in the collection, analysis and presentation of data. Position is actively involved with the monitoring, analysis, and reporting of budget and vendor performance for various programs, projects and services. Primary responsibilities of this position may vary and may include any combination of tasks or duties. They will generally be assigned to specific project tasks. Work requires analytical skills, personal initiative, and the ability to derive solutions from data and contextual information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates databases, spreadsheets, and associated graphics for assignments. Assignments may include auditing actual expenditure data, as well as assisting Program Managers and Coordinators with the projection/forecasting of project cash flow and annual budgets.
- Prepares technical reports and progress reports in areas of assignment.
- Assignments may include preparation of monthly Performance Based Budget Reports for projects in conjunction with Program Managers.
- When assigned, conducts informational meetings for various programs.
- Assists with support of agency committees, including developing reports and presentations for committees as requested.
- Knowledge of Governmental Fund Accounting and Performance Measurement techniques.
- Familiar with major Public Sector Budgeting philosophy.
- Ability to perform quantitative analysis and proficiency using Microsoft Excel spreadsheet program and database programs
- Ability to gather field data, perform data analysis, produce concise technical writing.
- Maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and jurisdictional members.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with the public, jurisdictional staff, and the various levels within the organization.
- May not be eligible for telework based on the nature of the position and at the sole discretion of PAG based on organizational needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
At a minimum, requires combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform duties AND EITHER an undergraduate degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance/Accounting with 2 years of related experience OR any associate degree with 4 years of related experience OR equivalent.
Standard computer skills in Microsoft Office programs, demonstrated skills creating and formatting data using spreadsheets, and ability to communicate in Microsoft Teams.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is required to carry promotional materials to events.