Open Until Filled
Job Class: Senior Application Developer
Salary Range: $49,247 – $68,996 (DOE)
General Description Summary:
Under general supervision, will develop and maintain database, web, and web map applications using the MS.NET framework. These applications may include web-based and desktop tools to enhance data analysis and information distribution needs supporting regional planning activities. Assigned tasks will include interface design, testing, debugging, deployment, and training in the use of the finished applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, and maintain a wide variety of custom web applications.
- Develop server and client-side components, web services and user interfaces.
- Assist other technical staff in the production of spatial analysis tools, procedures, services, and products.
- Develop and implement quality control procedures for programs, procedures, services, and products.
- Plan and sequence processing steps for database maintenance, automation, and quality control.
- Participate with technical staff in hardware and software needs analysis and database design.
- Perform related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities (KSOA’s):
- Ability to troubleshoot basic computer hardware and software problems.
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret and query various internal and external web API’s is required on a regular basis.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of diverse social, cultural, educational, and occupational backgrounds.
- Excellent organization and communication skills and ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently using personal research and motivation to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases to prepare documents, reports, and perform quantitative analysis.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- At a minimum, requires combination of knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties and either a graduate degree in Computer Science, MIS, Geography, GIS, or a related discipline with a minimum of two years relevant industry experience, or an undergraduate degree in the same disciplines, with a minimum of four years relevant industry experience OR equivalent.
- Proficiency in writing code and motivation to learn new programming languages and techniques as they may be required.
- Considerable personal initiative and independent judgment.
- Experience using SQL Server Management Studio as well as creating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Report Builder.
- Experience with database design and maintenance using MS SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of client server technology, server architecture, and network protocol and standards.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee may be required to drive to locations and participate in outreach events.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be required to carry promotional materials to events.
- This position is eligible for telework. Telework arrangements must comply with PAG’s telework policies, requiring a minimum of 16 hours (two days) of work per week to be completed in-office to perform required office assignments and duties.