The use of alternative transportation modes has many benefits for employees, employers and the communities in the region.
Benefits to Employees
- Cost savings from less money spent on fuel, insurance and vehicle maintenance, plus employer subsidy if offered
- Reduced stress from not having to drive or drive alone
- Healthier lifestyle by using active modes of transportation
- Connecting with others who share the ride
Benefits to Employers
- Higher productivity and cost savings due to employees who arrive at work less stressed
- Higher retention rate due to alternative mode subsidy support for more reliable transportation
- TRP Employer Recognition for meeting annual employee survey goals
- Major Employer Locations, 2019-2020
Benefits to the Community
- Reduced congestion
- Reduced vehicle emissions/improved air quality
- Collaboration between public and private partners
Learn more about the specific Alternate Modes of Travel in the region.