Pima Association of Governments maintains and updates an Areawide Water Quality Management Plan (208 Plan) for the region. PAG’s water quality management program provides guidance, technical assistance and coordination of regional water quality management efforts. The 208 Plan achieves effective water quality management through integrated planning of wastewater, stormwater, surface water, groundwater and solid waste. The current 208 Plan was approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on June 8, 2021.
- PAG 208 Plan Adopted Policies and Procedures
- PAG 208 Plan Appendix A: Water Quality Management
- PAG 208 Plan Appendix B: PAG 208 Planning Background
- PAG 208 Plan Appendix C: Glossary and References
- View PAG’s 208 Wastewater Facility Inventory Map and Database
The 208 Plan includes:
- policies and procedures for 208 consistency
- a Strategic Action Plan to address water quality issues
- documented water quality conditions and pollution sources (See Appendix A)
- a wastewater facilities inventory
- plan adoption records
- information about watershed setting, history, regulations and authorities (See Appendix B).