Pima Association of Governments updates a program of transportation improvements for eastern Pima County every two years. The five-year program is developed in cooperation with PAG member jurisdictions, the Arizona Department of Transportation and public transit providers, including Sun Tran, and must be compatible with the state’s transportation improvement program. Any new or amended transportation improvement program (TIP) must meet air quality conformity since the greater Tucson region is a maintenance area for transportation-related pollutants.
The TIP is a five-year schedule and budget of proposed transportation improvements within eastern Pima County. The update process incorporates input from PAG member jurisdictions and other agencies that implement projects from the TIP. The goal is to make the maximize the use of federal, state and local funds and other resources to meet the multimodal needs of the region.
All projects included in the TIP are listed in PAG’s 25-year regional mobility and accessibility plan (RMAP). The TIP identifies which projects from the RMAP will be implemented in the five-year period.
FY 2022-2026 TIP
- FY 2022-2026 Transportation Improvement Program
(Final financial content will be updated after close of FY 2021 to reflect rollover funding.)
- FY 2022-2026 TIP Project List
- Regional Benefits of the TIP
- Notice of Request for Proposals to RTA member jurisdictions. Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) categorical funding transfer to eligible RTA #41 projects – greenways, pathways, bikeways and sidewalks – for PAG’s FY 2022-2026 Transportation Improvement Program (Intergovernmental Agreement Amendment Requests Deadline: July 27, 2021)
FY 2020-2024 TIP
FY 2020-2024 TIP Amendments
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 0.1
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 0.2
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 0.3
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 0.4
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 0.5
- TIP Amendment No. 1 - Approved February 10 2020
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 1.1
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 1.2
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 1.3
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 1.4