Pima Association of Governments updates a program of transportation improvements for eastern Pima County every two years. The five-year program is developed in cooperation with the Arizona Department of Transportation and public transit providers, including Sun Tran, and must be compatible with the state’s transportation improvement program. Any new or amended transportation improvement program (TIP) must meet air quality conformity since the greater Tucson region is a maintenance area for transportation-related pollutants.
The TIP is a five-year schedule and budget of proposed transportation improvements within eastern Pima County. The update process incorporates input from PAG member jurisdictions and other agencies that implement projects from the TIP. The goal is to make the maximize the use of federal, state and local funds and other resources to meet the multimodal needs of the region.
All projects included in the TIP are listed in PAG’s 25-year regional mobility and accessibility plan (RMAP). The TIP identifies which projects from the RMAP will be implemented in the five-year period.
- FY 2020-2024 Transportation Improvement Program
- FY 2020-2024 TIP Project List
- Regional Benefits of the TIP
PAG has prepared a draft FY 2022-2026 Transportation Improvement Program in tandem with its member agencies. The draft is available below for review and comment:
FY 2020-2024 TIP Amendments
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 0.1
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 0.2
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 0.3
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 0.4
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 0.5
- TIP Amendment No. 1 - Approved February 10 2020
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 1.1
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 1.2
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 1.3
- TIP Administrative Amendment No. 1.4